Are you looking for the answer that which software is best for you Coreldraw or illustrator? So, you are in the right place. I have a long experience in graphic designing and I have used both software Coreldraw and illustrator. Today I am going to discuss some major differences between Coreldraw and illustrator. Let’s start without any delay.
Background Coreldraw and illustrator
Coreldraw is created by the Corel corporation in 1986. On the other hand, the illustrator is created by Adobe Systems in 1987.
Coreldraw is generally used to create big banners, hoardings, and visiting cards. At the same time, Adobe illustrator is used to drawing multiple designed logos, drawing illustrations, packaging designed and drawing.
Learning time period
Coreldraw is easy to learn compared to the illustrator. You can easily understand to use the Coreldraw. On the other hand, if you are going to learn Adobe illustrator. Then it will take lots of time in comparison to Coreldraw.
So it is clear that Coreldraw is the winner in case of learning.
There are some key features of the Coreldraw
Coreldraw has multiple benefits but I am going to show you some most important features of the Coreldraw. So that you will understand it in a better way.
- Live sketch tool
- Corel font manager
- Healing clone tools
- Import legacy workspace
- Custom nodes shapes
- Great interactive sliders
Adobe illustrator Key features
- Pixels perfect designed
- Access Adobe Stock Assets
- Dynamic symbols
- Magnification option
- Images in brushes
- Touch workspace
- Live shapes capability
- Magnification option
After knowing the key feature lets see the pros and cones of the Adobe Illustrator and Coreldraw.
Pros and cons of Coreldraw
As we all know that everything has some advantages and some disadvantages. Similarly, Coreldraw has some pros and some cons also. First of all, let’s take the look at the Pros of the Coreldraw.
- Easy to use- You will get an easy to understand interface and that’s the reason that Coreldraw is easy to use.
- High resolution- Coreldraw is famous to create big banners because it offers a great level of resolution.
- Also available for Mac- Coreldraw was not available for the Mac but now it is available for the windows and Macs.
- Transfer file- Most of the graphic designers use Adobe Photoshop. So when it comes to sharing the files so Coreldraw users face difficulties because they can’t share the photo directly to the Adobe software.
Pros and Cons of Adobe illustrator
Adobe illustrator is famous for editing the photo and users are satisfied. But at the same time, it has some Pros and Cons also. Let’s begin with the Pros
- Use in both software- it works with Window-based software and mac as also. All you need to do just download the software and there is no need to answer the unwanted questions.
- Support multiple pages- Adobe illustrator allows working on multiples pages at one time. But you will not get this feature with other software.
- Transfer files- It easy to transfer files from one Adobe software to other Adobe software and mostly graphic designers use Adobe software. So it becomes easy to share files with your graphic designer friend.
- Difficult to learn- If you will go to learn the Adobe illustrator it will take you lots of time and effort.
Which is better Coreldraw or illustrator?
When it comes to the Coreldraw then this software is famous for its great feature to create logos, flexes, banners, and holdings. If we discuss the Adobe illustrator so it is good at creating multiple digital and printed images. Overall both are famous for some specific works. It depends on, for which purpose you are going to choose between this two software.
Coreldraw and illustrator both are great in their specific field. Both have pros and cons. You have to choose smartly between these two software. I hope the article on the difference between Coreldraw and illustrator helped you. Now you can choose according to your suitability.