Coreldraw and GIMP both are graphic editing software but there are lots of differences between them. You will see the difference in the features, prices, and uses. We will discuss almost every aspect of the CorelDraw vs GIMP in this article. I have personally used these two graphic designing software and I did lots of research to show you the best clash. So let’s start with the Overview of these companies.
Overview of Coreldraw and GIMP
Coreldraw is a well-known company all over the world and almost every graphic designer knows about CorelDraw. The company started by the Corel Corporation that is a Canadian based company.
GIMP (General image manipulation program) is free to use one of the best graphic designing software. It has many tools that help to create a professional image it is definitely a good competitor of Coreldraw.
Price of the CorelDraw and GIMP
Coreldraw offers multiple different types of payment methods you can make the monthly payment, one-time payment or annual subscription.
Here GIMP is totally free software and that’s also a reason for being famous in the graphic designing industry. There is no need to spend a single penny.
Comparison between the features of CorelDraw vs GIMP
|Live Sketch tool||Customizable interface|
|Touch-friendly GU interface||Digital retouching|
|Corel font manager||Inkscape|
|Healing Clone tool||Graphic designing elements|
|Import legacy Workspace||File Formate|
|Custom node shapes||Hardware support|
|Copy curve segment||Photo enhancement|
|Font filtering and search||Original artwork|
|Powerful stylish enhancement||Scribus|
|Gaussian blur feature||Swatchbooker|
|Enhanced vector preview|
Support of the CorelDraw and GIMP
Coreldraw has an excellent support team. They are ready to solve your all problems patiently. You can take support from the call, live support, and tickets.
GIMP doesn’t provide any kind of call support or live support but they offer the training to their customer. There are also lots of tutorials on youtube to help you.
Is GIMP really free
GIMP is absolutely free there is no hidden cost. All you need to do is just go to the official website of the GIMP and download the software. It is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Is Coreldraw free
CorelDraw offers a free trial for 15 days. You can create graphics and layout, edit photos and design websites. After that, If you want to use the software for a long time so you have to purchase it. CorelDraw is available for Windows and Macs only. Not only with GIMP you can also compare this Corel with other designing software through our blog. Go & Check out Corel VS Affinity Designer.
Why choose GIMP?
There are many reasons to choose GIMP but here I am going to show you some strong reasons.
- Free- This is a Free Software. No need to pay any amount to use this software.
- No need for high space- GIMP doesn’t require lots of space on the computer. So it doesn’t slow the other apps.
- No update charge- You don’t have to pay any amount to update the GIMP.
- Work with Photoshop files- You can easily operate the Photoshop files with GIMP.
Why Choose CorelDraw?
- Customization- You can customize the Coreldraw according to your convenience.
- Easy to learn- It’s very easy to learn the Coreldraw. No matter if you are a beginner you can easily use the Coreldraw.
- Bezier tool- If you are a graphic designer then most probably you have faced the difficulty while managing the curves of the design. The Bezier tool helps to manage the curves easily and smoothly.
- High performance- Coreldraw takes a very less amount of computer memory and that’s why Coreldraw runs very smoothly and gives high performance.
Final Words:- CorelDraw vs GIMP
CorelDraw and GIMP both are good software. GIMP is a good graphic designing software for small businesses, medium businesses, and freelancers. CorelDraw is good for small businesses, medium businesses, freelancers and large enterprises. I hope this CorelDraw vs GIMP article help you. If you want to know more about the CorelDraw then check out CorelDRAW Review.