CorelDraw and Inkscape both are excellent vector graphic designing software. Here I am going to represent the clash between the two graphic designing software CorelDraw vs Inkscape. You will see the pros and cons, features, and many things that help you to get the right option for you.
Overview of Coreldraw and Inkscape
The CorelDraw was started by the Corel corporation in 1985. Now it is famous software all over the world. Coreldraw is carrying a good record in his market for a long time. CorelDraw has a tag line that is “Dare to design differently” and that line shows the confidence of the Company.
The Inscape is founded in 2003 by the four Sodipodi developers. Today Inscape is a well-known company all over the world. Although it is not older than the CorelDraw still is the favorite choice of many graphic designers.
What are the main uses of CorelDraw and Inkscape?
CorelDraw is a vector graphics designing software that helps to create logos, banners, invitation cards, and brochures, etc.
Inkscape is also a vector designing software but it is generally used to create diagrams, illustrations, line arts, and book covers.
Comparison between the features of CorelDraw vs Inkscape
|Live sketch tool||Drawing, shape, Calligraphy|
|Custom node shape||Node editing|
|Enhanced vector previews||File formate|
|Prominent interface slider||Bitmap tracing|
|Import legacy workspace||Grouping objects|
|Powerful stylish enhancement||Layers|
|Touch-friendly GU interface||Fully anti-aliased Display|
|Font filtering and search||Boolean operation|
|Copy curve segment||Node movement|
Comparison between the Pros and cons of CorelDraw and Inkscape
Pros and Cons of CorelDraw
- Easy to learn- Anyone can learn CorelDraw in a very easy way. There is no need to be professional.
- No free- CorelDraw gives you 15 days free trial after that if you want to use the CorelDraw. So, you have to pay for it.
- Easy curve management- If you are a graphic designer then you faced the problem while managing the curves of the designs. CorelDraw offers excellent tools that will help to manage the curves easily.
- High performance- CorelDraw requires a very low amount of computer memory to run the software. That’s the reason it doesn’t make your computer slow.
- Difficult to transfer- Mostly graphic designers use Adobe Photoshop and it is not possible to share the CorelDraw files to Adobe photoshop.
Pros and Cons of Inkscape
- Free- The biggest pro of the Inkscape is that it is free and this is also a reason for the popularity of the Inkscape. If you don’t want to spend your money on graphic designing software so you can use Inkscape for free. There are not any hidden charges like other competitors of the Inkscape.
- High-quality colors- Inkscape offers high-quality images because it has flat colors, gradient, and transparency color levels.
- Easy to process complex objects- The Inkscape has a detail parameter that helps to process complex objects in a very easy manner.
- Correct line part- Inkscape offers the node tool that helps to correct the line part.
- Difficult to learn- If you are a beginner then there is a possibility that you will face difficulty learning Inkscape. Because it has many complex features.
Is Inkscape a good program?
Yes, Inkscape is a good program because it is a free open-source vector graphic designing software. If you are not willing to spend the money on adobe photoshop and Coreldraw. Then Inkscape can be a good option for you. It has almost every necessary feature that will help you to create a professional design.
How much does CorelDraw cost?
You can take the free trial of Coreldraw for 15 days. After that, you have to pay $635 to purchase the full version of the CorelDraw. At the same time, you can take the annual subscription at $16.50 per month only.
Availability of device
CorelDraw is available for mac and windows as well. On the other hand, Inkscape is also available for windows and mac.
Comparision of reviews of the users of Coreldraw and Inkscape
We analyze a large number of reviews and find that almost every user is satisfied with and the software is easy to use.
We read many reviews and saw that users are happy to use the Inkscape but few of them were facing problems to understand the use of the features of the Inkscape.
CorelDraw and Inkscape both are good in their work. It depends on you which software suits you. If you don’t want to spend money on any graphic designing then Inkscape can be a good option. And if your pocket allows spending some money so you can go for the CorelDraw. The rest depends on your requirements. I hope this CorelDraw vs Inkscape article will help you. See the comparison between the next one for choosing the best CorelDraw vs InDesign.