Video taken from drones gives us a new way to view landscapes, giving us a different audiovisual experience. In addition to being used by photographers, drone aerial footage is also featured in many films and ads for more viewing options and better effects. So here will know about what video editing software use for drone videos. Video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, and more have become increasingly popular in recent years thanks to drone videos.
There are several types of drones you can buy, including DJI Mavic 2 Pro, DJI Inspire 2, DJI Spark, Parrot Anafi, Ryze Tello, and many others. It is quite common for new users to be excited about shooting aerial videos immediately. But then they wonder, what makes my aerial videos different from those of my friends? Another reason is that drone videos have been processed in video editing software. It’s well known that the flying technique is one of the factors.
What Are The Best Video Editing Software For Drone Footage?
Let’s get started with this article and find out how to edit drone videos effectively with the best and free drone video editing software.
- Windows Live Movie Maker
- GoPro Studio
- Filmora 11
These 5 are the best video editing software use for drone videos which are both free and paid. So let’s move on and know more about them in breif.
Windows Live Movie Maker
Windows Live Movie Maker is one of the best drone editing software. There are a variety of functions in this tool available like sound, voiceovers, blending effects, etc. Microsoft developed the application to be used on Windows PCs and laptops. With Live Movie Maker, it is easy to import, edit, and save audio, image, and video files to make interactive movies or presentations.
It is also the best video editing software for Windows 10, 9, 7 and 8, these tools are easily accessible through the Windows Essentials suite. It includes the ability to create videos from scratch, cut clips, and apply a variety of filters and effects.
- With OneDrive, you can save the video as well as avoid taking up disk space on your computer.
- Artists can share their work on Flickr (so it can be seen by billions of people).
- Video sharing site Vimeo (which has lower popularity but is better suited for drone videos)
- You can share it on Facebook (so your friends will see it).
How Can I Edit A DJI Video With Windows Live Movie Maker?
Here are some video editing tips and tricks to edit drone videos with Windows Live Movie Maker.
- In the menu bar, on the left-hand side, click on the ‘Add videos and photos’ icon to start producing your own films with your photos, music, and videos.
- You will be given the option to import your preferred media into the app through the imported media window.
- Uploading multiple files simultaneously is possible by either transferring a single item or selecting multiple items.
- If you click on the ‘Open’ button in the browser, all the content will appear for you in the right portion of the UI.
- To identify the part of the production that has been modified, move the black cursor over the media clips.
- As you move the cursor across the screen, the preview screen will display the selected media.
- Under the screen, there are backward, forward, play, and pause keys that let you control the player by moving the timeline bar or by pressing the back, forward, and play/pause keys.
- Moreover, you can start and stop the video by hitting the space bar.
- You can edit movie clips by clicking the movie clip you want to edit. An area that is highlighted will be bordered by a blue line.
- The ‘Split’ button can be found under ‘Video Tools’ under the ‘Edit’ tab if you want to cut a piece. Depending on where your cursor is placed, the freeware splits the segment into two.
- The easiest way to remove excerpts is to open a context menu with the clip selected and select ‘Remove’ or hit ‘Delete’ on your keyboard to remove them.
- When you are in the edit tab, you can change the speed of a video clip by selecting the speed option from the dropdown menu.
- With the dropdown options under ‘Duration,’ you can determine how long each picture appears in the film.
Pros and Cons of Windows Live Movie Maker
Here are the benefits and advantages of using Windows Live Movie Maker, drone video editing software
|Pros Of Windows Live Movie Maker
|Cons Of Windows Live Movie Maker
|Transitions that are animated.
|Can’t change saturation or contrast
|Simple and easy to use
|This software is only available for Windows
|The scale of time simplified
In the search of what video editing software use for drone videos iMovie is another option for that. It is an easy-to-use drone video editing software for Mac. With this, you can turn your footage, music, and sounds into exciting video clips you can use to communicate your story. Absolutely great for making changes in drone footage and also provides best video editing tools to edit TikTok videos. This is the easiest video editor for Mac and comes with it as a built-in utility that’s free to use.
The Mac App Store allows you to buy and download iMovie from Apple. When it comes to your internet connection quality, installing iMovie for macOS should take just a couple of minutes.
It has an easy-to-use interface on which videos can be browsed, organized, viewed, and previewed. Video clips can be shared or emailed right from the browser. It is not necessary to create a video to accomplish this either.
This software offers advanced features for selecting video clips and inserting titles, creating soundtracks, and adding effects to productions. Creating these things is as simple as dragging and dropping the elements. The movie themes number more than 15. To create picture-in-picture effects, arrange clips along the timeline or drag the videos over another video.
For example, you can use it to document your vacations, edit video footage from your drone, and record special family events.
Is iMovie Good For Drone Footage?
- There is an option in the sidebar to sort events by date
- A smooth transition between speed effects is available
- Utilize the Adjustments Bar to apply speed effects
- The font size and color of new titles should be adjusted
- Clips in events can be rotated and cropped
- Changing the duration of a transition is as simple as double-clicking
What Are The Pros and Cons of iMovie?
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of iMovie FPV video editing software.
|Pros Of iMovie
|Cons Of iMovie
|The interface is beautiful and easy to use
|Video editing is not possible in 360-degrees
|A consistent movie look is achieved through color matching
|The simplicity of this application leads to the absence of some useful controls.
|Templates for movies are excellent
|There are only two video tracks available
|Themes that are classic
|It does not support multi-camera or motion tracking
|There are plenty of audio tools available
|Chromatic keying tool that’s great
Making alterations to drone recordings with GroPro’s newest editing tool for drone videos. It is one of the most powerful video editing software use for drone videos for which various options are available. In addition to its stunning presets, the app comes with lots of useful features such as merges, quick cuts, slow motions, and fast motions.
You can upload your GoPro videos to YouTube, Vimeo, UHD4K, and many more social media platforms through GoPro Studio. As a result, you’d be able to highlight the most interesting parts of the video, creating short videos you can share online. There are several advantages to this software, including its availability on both Windows and Mac and the fact that GoPro owners can use it for free.
How GoPro Is A Better Drone Video Editing Software?
These are some amazing features of GoPro video editor that makes it a better choice to edit DJI videos:
- GoPro photos and videos can be categorized, stored, and transferred with ease via this software.
- This software allows you to view and edit burst images, as well as time-lapse photos.
- Make your GoPro perform at its best by updating it with the latest features.
- Provides more advanced editing features when bundled with GoPro studio.
- You can quickly locate your most memorable moments with HiLight Tags.
- You can create and share short video clips easily with simple video trimming tools.
- Fast-motion and ultra-slow-motion speed changes can be achieved with fluidity with FluxTM.
- Add titles, music, and audio tracks to video clips after trimming and mixing.
- Editing tools are plentiful and powerful.
- Create GoPro-style edits in seconds by simply dragging and dropping templates.
- To reduce fisheye effects on your photos, use the fisheye reduction tool.
- Using time-lapse photos, you can make videos.
Pros and Cons of GoPro Studio
After features let’s move to the benefits and limitations of the GoPro Studio video editor
|Pros Of GoPro Studio
|Cons Of GoPro Studio
|Online uploads made easy
|Has no tools for working with audio
|Edits for UHD4K
|The possibility of highlighting scenes exists
|It has a great user interface
Avidemux is one of the best and easiest free video editing software for drone footage. Filtering, cutting, and encoding are all essential video enhancement functions, and the software offers many video types including MPEG, DVD, AVI, and MP4.
With its cutting and selecting tool, it allows you to cut and select parts of the video and convert it to different video formats and compress it.
- If you are converting your videos, you can use tools such as cropping, resizing, and color profiling to improve their quality before conversion.
- Additionally, it enables you to process and edit audio tracks and synchronize them with video frames.
- Additionally, Avidemux offers auto-routing of several actions, which is useful when editing videos with short lengths and simple structures.
Alternatively, encoding allows players to understand the content of videos by converting the video to another format. The Avidemux software enables individuals to transform and upload videos to the online world. Additionally, you can use its encoding function to archive videos for personal use or business use.
How Is Avidemux A Good Drone Video Editing Software Free?
- This software can be used to perform three basic operations: cutting, encoding, and filtering.
- The following formats are supported: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, and OGM
- Editing videos in a nonlinear fashion
- There are five types of audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM
- You can use multiple filters and effects to edit drone videos more effectively
- The following video encoders can be used: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, and DV.
- Converting videos between various formats
- Interfaces using graphics or command lines
- Audio streams can be inserted or extracted
- Possibilities for powerful scripts
- Processor of subtitles
- A systematic approach to projects
The movie modifying, conversion, and exporting operations can be handled smoothly with Avidemux due to its excellent automation functions. Through its feature titled Joblist, they can organize their projects.
A user can arrange their jobs in a queue in Joblist to process videos in bulk or access them for editing later, so they can access them in the future.
Pros and Cons of Avidemux Free Drone Video Editor
Have a look at the pros and cons of Avidemux video editing software used for drone videos.
|Pros Of Avidemux
|Cons Of Avidemux
|Avidemux enables you the choice of saving user-defined parameters so that they can be accessed when required.
|It can be a bit complicated to use the cutting feature in Avidemux. Sometimes, because there is a step-by-step process for selecting the frame beginnings and endings, this can create some confusion.
|Subtitles for your videos are also available. There are times when subtitles are useful because you need to explain something to your viewers.
|There is no simple method to use Avidemux’s turning function.
|Also bundled is Avidemux’s video editor, a software that allows you to modify videos.
|In addition, users are unable to preview filters properly, so they do not get an accurate idea of the overall outcome. Furthermore, the application crashes if you change filters at the same time.
|Video content can be enhanced with different color profiles to make it more appealing.
|With this application, you’ll be able to resize and sharpen your images.
|Avidemux’s ability to encrypt videos makes it one of the most useful utilities. Various players and channels can access your video in this way.
|Adjust the overall volume of the video by increasing or decreasing it.
Wondershare Filmora 11 is a great software for drone video post-processing. It enables you to create engaging videos by leveraging your creativity without having any experience editing videos. This is the easiest free video editing app to download, but there are watermarks. If you want to use Filmora without any putting watermarks on videos, you have to purchase it. You can get this software at a low cost by using the Filmora 11 coupon code and grab a heavy discount on its purchase.
This easy-to-use software is designed with an intuitive user interface that makes it a better drone video editing software for beginners. It is equipped with an array of features aimed at satisfying video editors of all skill levels and businesses of all sizes.
No matter whether you want to stitch clips together or make complex videos, you can create compelling pieces with ease. As part of Filmora, the platform’s latest version boosts the platform’s already rich toolbox with smart editing features that simplify the video editing process.
- As a screen recording and voice editing software, Filmora’s basic features include text and transitions, visual effects, screen recording, and audio editing.
- The program also offers a variety of advanced editing tools. By adding keyframes to the animation, for instance, you can add custom animations that complement the overall aesthetic of the piece.
- Using filters, overlays, visual elements, transitions, and sound effects can expand the possibilities of your creations to the fullest.
What Makes Filmora The Best Drone Video Editing Software For Beginners?
- Tracking of movement – In Filmora, you can add elements to moving objects without any hassle.
- The zoom and pan functions – You will be able to see how stunning the zooming and panning are in a Ken Burns movie if you have ever watched one. Filmora makes it easy for you to do so.
- Ducking of audio – While listening to monologues or dialogues, background music can be faded out to provide clarity.
- Compatibility of colors – The color synchronization feature allows you to match frames from your chosen clip to frames from another clip.
- Increasing stability – Filmora makes it easy for you to create a smooth, stabilized video, so you don’t have to worry about not looking great when you play it.
- A keyframing exercise – By adding keyframes to any animation, you can modify its position, size, opacity, and rotation.
- Feature Overview – There are a multitude of basic editing features built into Filmora, including splitting, rotating, cropping, trimming, brightness settings, and volume controls.
- Grades of colors – When you shoot video from your camera, sometimes the results don’t look as you expected. Color-grade your video with Filmora to make it look better.
- The green screen – Green screen is the perfect tool for streamers, YouTubers, or anyone who loves to make short skits, clips, or animations.
- Dark Mode – With Filmmora’s new dark mode, you can edit videos while maintaining an eye-pleasing visual experience.
- Shift in the tilt – Filmora’s tilt-shift effect can be applied with great efficiency and with a lens that can be somewhat costly.
Pros and Cons of Filmora
There are also some advantages and disadvantages of Filmora 11 software to use for editing drone videos
|Pros Of Filmora
|Cons Of Filmora
|An appealing interface
|Fewer tools for refining the effects than competitors.
|Authoring DVD menus or chapters is not possible
|Test results show fast rendering
|An interface that is not touch-friendly
|Tools for titles and texts that are good
|A few crashes are to be expected
|Overlays and effects galore
DaVinci Resolve combines non-linear video editing with international market-leading color correction technology. You can edit, color correct, finish and deliver from a single system. As a fully scalable and resolving software, it can be used on set, in a small studio, or in the most complex Hollywood pipeline!
For working with Ultra HD videos from drones, one will need to subscribe to the premium version, but you also have a free version.
It’s the number one solution used in Hollywood feature films for its creative editing, compatibility, speed, and legendary image quality. So that it can be used throughout the entire workflow, from multi-camera television production to high-end finishing and color correction.
- For the first time, audio professionals can use this software for editing, colorizing, and enhancing audio effects.
- Playback performance has been significantly improved with up to ten times better responsiveness with the new engine.
- Additionally, Fairlight provides a whole new set of pre and post-production audio tools. They let you record, edit, mix, sweeten, and master sound in full 3D audio space and with up to 1000 channels.
- Colorists will enjoy new filters with features such as automatic facial recognition and tracking. They will be able to change lip colors, smooth skin tones, and brighten eyes effortlessly.
- The program is equipped with features that allow editors, colorists, and sound editors to all collaborate on the same project simultaneously, such as bi-directional bin locking, chat, and timeline merging.
You can control multiple parameters with the DaVinci Resolve control panels at the same time, allowing you to create looks that are otherwise not possible while using a mouse.
A logically placed set of controls, made from the highest quality materials, are placed close to your natural hand positions.
Weighted trackballs with smooth movement, as well as precision engineered knobs and dials that provide the right amount of resistance so you can adjust any setting with accuracy.
What Makes DaVinci Resolve A Good Video Editing Software Use For Drone Videos?
- Professional Video Editing – DaVinci Resolve features virtually every editing and trimming tool known to man, allowing it to serve creative editing as well as online editing needs. Even on processor-intensive formats such as H.264 and RAW, playback is faster and cropping is simpler than ever with the new ultra-fast playback engine, which is up to 10 times faster than previous versions.
- Fairlight Consoles for Professionals – Almost every parameter and feature of Fairlight mixing software can be controlled using tactile controls. In addition, unique user interfaces and intuitive controls can be quickly mapped to a configuration to meet your needs, allowing you to utilize Fairlight audio quicker than any other tool in the world.
- Correction of color – Feature films and television shows are graded with DaVinci Resolve more often than any other grading system. With Resolve FX, you get a feature-rich package of features, including powerful tools for primary and secondary correction. There are advanced curve editor, tracking, and stabilization, noise reduction, and grain tools.
- Deliveries and media – It’s easy to import, sync, and organize footage with DaVinci Resolve. You can carry out your project in virtually any format you want, whether you’re distributing it on the web, on tape, or on the big screen.
- Consoles Fairlight Professional – Almost every parameter and feature of Fairlight mixing software can be controlled using tactile controls. With its unique interface and fast button and control mapping, you can easily map your console keys to a configuration tailored to your specific needs, making it faster than any tool on the market to work with Fairlight audio. You can choose from a variety of configurations for desktop and free-standing consoles to meet your facility’s needs.
- Resolve Studio by DaVinci – It comes with all the professional editing tools, legendary color correction, and Fairlight audio tools that you need for SD, HD, and Ultra HD work at a maximum frame rate of 60fps with the free version. Integrated support for 4K and higher resolutions, as well as frame rates up to 120 frames per second, are added to DaVinci Resolve Studio. The free version does not include the dozens of additional image processing features and filters that this product does. In addition, they have amazing new tools to enhance your face and have lens flares, lens distortion correction, optical quality blurring, mist effects, match move, warping, and more.
- Collaboration among multiple users – With DaVinci Resolve, post-production workflows are completely reinvented for Windows PC. While assistant editors prepare the footage, editors cut and colorize the pictures, and sound editors mix and finish the audio. All using the same project simultaneously, assistant editors can also prep footage for assistant editors.
Pros and Cons of Da Vinci Resolve
Here we have mentioned some drawbacks and benefits of DaVinci Resolve video editing software used for drone videos.
|Pros Of DaVinci Resolve
|Cons Of DaVinci Resolve
|Through the cut page, Blackmagic has reinvented editing, but they have not forced you to adopt the new kind of editing. If you want it, it’s there for you to choose from.
|Fusion and Fairlight are already present in Resolve, but Premiere’s integration with Adobe packages like After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, and others via Dynamic Linking is incredible.
|It is undoubtedly Resolve’s industry-leading color correction tool which is its biggest strength. The grading of Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and Avid projects are routinely imported into Resolve.
|It will be difficult to comprehend Resolve’s node-based workflow for anyone familiar with Adobe’s layer-based workflow. Although it’s not difficult to learn, it takes some time to uncover its power and rewire your brain.
|The service is cheap at worst and free at best.
|The most popular color grading tool in Resolve, but it lags behind in the production sphere. As a result, Resolve editors are less in demand commercially, and there are fewer plugins to download.
An overview of What Video Editing Software Use For Drone Videos
There are also basic editing features, such as importing that improve your video editing skills. Video editors mostly use the keyboard and mouse for exporting, dragging, and trimming footage.
- Video titles with position keys and a variety of video effects, such as brightness adjustments, chrome keys, and hue adjustments.
- Organize and arrange imported footage with footage bins, which are extremely helpful for do-it-yourselfers.
- Using keyframes, the position of images can be adjusted.
- Correction of basic colors with color improvement features.
- Edit clips by speeding them up or slowing them down, adding reverse directions, or changing their direction.
- Displaying waveforms on the timeline and rendering waveforms using diverse audio editing features, including cross dissolves and fade-to-black transitions.
- Addition of additional audio tracks through automatic synchronization
- Using the keyframes feature to adjust the audio level
Conclusion: Best Video Editing Software For Drone Footage
We have gone to great lengths to examine the capabilities, advantages, and disadvantages of each software so that you can now select which is most suitable for you. The right video editor for Drone should meet certain features, speed, and price requirements, as well as be able to fulfill your needs. By identifying why these are best, you can decide what you should do.
A professional suggested that there is a wide variety of editing software available for editing drone videos that always stick to a simple video editing program. Before choosing software, learn what the pros and cons are; once you have gathered all the information, make your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the top queries asked by users related to video editing software use for drone videos.
Does DJI Have A Video Editing Software?
Yes, the above-mentioned tools are best video editing software for drone footage DJI video editing software that makes them look more professional.
What Format Is Drone Footage?
The best setting for drone footage is a video size of 4k, 3840 x 2160, and MP4 video format.